Local Dining & Wineries
The Grand Island Mansion (8 minutes away) has fabulous Sunday brunches by reservation. 13415 Grand Island Rd. Walnut Grove. 916 775 1705
- The Ryde Hotel (5 minutes away) has good fixed menu dinners Friday, Saturday & Sunday as well as a great Sunday brunch, all by appointment. 14340 CA-160, Walnut Grove, CA 95690 (916) 776-1318
- Dancing Fox Winery, Brewery, Bakery & Restaurant (29 minutes away) Family run, great food, romantic setting! Inside & outside seating. 203 School St. Lodi. Call for hours of operation. 209 366-2634
If you want more down home types of places:
- Los Corrales Mexican Grill (across the street) Good Authentic Mexican food and bar. Friendly service! 14133 Market St. Walnut Grove. 916 776-2148
- Guisti’s (5 minutes away) is a Delta restaurant, serving fried oysters and other daily fare for 100 years, 14743 Walnut Grove-Thornton Rd. 916 776 1808
- Alma’s for breakfast (1 block away) 14147 River Road Walnut Grove is a breakfast spot where you can see the local color.
- The Locke Garden (3 minutes away) Friendly, family owned and run. This is a great little Chinese restaurant. Locke, 13967 River Rd., 916 776 2100
- Husicks Taphouse & Country Store (20 minutes away) has good food and a bar, very cool setting. 36510 Riverview Dr. Clarksburg. 916 832-8965
- Hood Supply Company (15 minutes away) serving decent food, good salads, full bar. 10761 Hood-Franklin Rd. Hood 916 775-4494
- Boggle Vineyards (12 minutes away) 37783 Rd. 144 Clarksburg 916 774 1139 is a wonderful place to visit, and only 15 minutes from Walnut Grove.
- Six hands Winery (7 Minutes away) 13783 Isleton Rd. Walnut Grove 916 7762053
- The Old Sugar Mill (23 minutes away) in Clarksburg 35265 Willow Avenue has eleven wineries in one location.
- Scribner Bend Vineyard (22 minutes away) 9051 River rd. Sacramento 916 774 1803
- Nearby Lodi, is a Zinfandel growing region. (25 minutes away.) The Lodi Woodbridge Wine Grape Commission has a list of wineries and tasting rooms.